Thursday, July 17, 2008

Trip to see the Lyle's in Santa Fe, NM

The week before Father's Day (I know, i've been slacking on the blog updates) the kids and I went to Santa Fe to hang out with Heather, Cory, Aidan and Julia. Our first outing was to the zoo in Albuquerque. It had several animals that Grey had never seen in person like elephants and giraffes, and polar bears. Yes, polar bears. In the south. Talk about melting ice caps.


Grey and Aidan were very cute, holding hands, wearing their shades. Right before this picture was taken Aidan said, "I love you, Grey," and Grey said, "I love you, too, Aidan." Heather and I just looked at each other and melted.


Our first camel ride!

We went up into the mountains and had a picnic lunch by this stream. They boys were very entertained by the running water. I believe they are fishing for worms in this picture.
A single catch of the day! Poor thing almost got ripped in half with all of the "taking turns" to hold it.
Aubry had to be contained on my lap as she was crawling away into the dirt and grass. She's got some Louis and Clark in her.
I was nervous being across a stream catching this picture. I thought Grey might launch off of the trunk at any second...

We went to a really sweet indoor pool that had some way fun stuff to do while trying to avoid the blazing sun.

Geoff joined us on Friday night and the next day we went on a rafting trip on the "race course" of the Rio Grande near Taos, NM. Our guide was "Willie." He thought that to experience the Rio Grande meant we had to swim some rapids. The water was 58 degrees. Ouch.

Behind us is a part of a 16ish mile strip of the Rio Grande that cuts through a canyon called "the Taos Box." It is inaccessible so you better know what you're doing if you raft through there. We'll try it next time!

No comments: